The following is a simple pictorial instruction about repotting into semi-hydro™ culture from traditional, organic media.
1. Select the plant to be repotted, and set aside the tag.
2. Remove the pot, exposing the root ball and old medium.
3. Carefully remove the old medium, trying to damage the roots as little as possible, and trim off any dead- or damaged roots.
4. Add LECA medium, filling one-third of the pot. (The depth is not critical, as long as the roots are above the top of the reservoir.)
5. Position the plant in the pot, spreading the roots over the medium.
6. Add medium a little at a time, gently shaking the pot periodically to get the medium within the root ball.
7. Fill the pot with medium to the normal planting depth appropriate for the plant. Reinsert your tag, and you’re done!